Martingale Dog Collar is perfect Collar for Dogs that pull. It provides more control without the choking effect of a Choke Chain.
Why Use A Martingale Dog Collar?
- It is an excellent choice for dogs with narrow heads like hounds, indies who are at risk of escaping through a conventional collar.
- When properly fitted, the collar will be comfortably loose whenever the dog is not pulling against the leash. Hence this helps in reducing breakage of fur and provides added comfort from skin irritation.
- Since a Martingale Collar provides easy correction than a choke collar, it is a recommended choice of leading Dog Trainers.
How to use a Martingale Dog Collar for your Dog?
A martingale collar is made with two loops. The larger loop is slipped onto the dog's neck and a leash is then clipped to the smaller loop.
- Firstly, adjust the Collar to so that the larger loop can pass through your dog’s head.
- After putting the head through the larger loop, pull the collar up just behind the dog’s ears and adjust.
- Allow space of 2-3 fingers between the larger loop and the neck/head of your dog.
- Lastly, attach the D-ring on the smaller loop to the leash.
- Important to note that the two buckles on the larger loop do not touch.